Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Gargoyles!

Today I'm sharing this fun 3D Gargoyle project I created for Alpha Stamps.  I started by taking two of the Gargoyle Front View Die-Cut Chipboard shapes and cut a slit in the top of one and the bottom of another.  Since I am not the best at measuring and such, I made copies of the gargoyle shape so I could have some practice pieces for making my slits as I didn't want to ruin the good chipboard ones.  I covered both sides of the chipboard gargoyle with background paper.  As I learned the hard way....cover your shapes with your background paper first and then cut the slits (I also tend to do things backwards).  I then used a blending tool and colored the edges with black soot distress ink.

Here's a side view showing how the two shapes are stacked together.
I took some of the black fibers from the Noxious Fumes Fiber set and wrapped it around the wire on the crow to hide the silver colored wire.  I then cut a small slit in the head of one of the gargoyles with an x-acto knife and glued the wire into it.  I really love how the crow is hovering over and observing everything.  (Or is he really there whispering naughty ideas to the gargoyles).

And here's a view of the backside gargoyle
-
The great thing about this project is it creates four little niches that you can add all kinds of fun things to.  As you can see I still have a bit of work to do, so I'll be sharing a little bit more with you in the next week or so.

Alpha Stamps Products Used:
Gargoyle Front View Die-Cut Chipboard
Gargoyle Faces Collage Sheet
Paris Post Collage Sheet
Cemetery Collage Sheet
Dead Tree Cut-Outs
Bat Cut-Outs
Spider and Web Chipboard Cut-Outs
Haunted Night Scrapbook Paper-Alpha Stamps is sold out now, but a great alternative is the Happy Haunting-Full Moon Scrapbook Paper
Noxious Fumes Fiber Set
Small Feathered Crows
Tiny Skull Charms Pewter & Gold
White Turquoise Skull Beads
Christmas Red Stickles
Cat Eyes - 5mm Yellow
Flying Owl Buttons


2 comments: